Monday, December 10, 2007

The spirit of Christmas

H: Look what I found in the recycle bin while throwing out my newspapers. Pretty barely used wrapping paper and ribbon. It was probably for St. Nick's day. Score!

D: Do you really need to be picking out of the trash?

H: It's not the trash, it's the recycle bin. I'm going to wrap my Nana's gift in it. She'll love it.

D: How much do you love your Nana, to give her trash-picked ribbon?

H: Nana grew up during the depression and taught me everything I know about trash-picking. She'll be so proud. Besides, being green is in this year.

D: (Sigh)

3 comments:

vailian said...

Oh, a girl after my own heart!
We try to make an art of wrapping a present in such a way that no ripping is necessary to open it; clever folding and a judicious use of ribbon can work wonders.
In hard cases I have been known to use that removeable Scotch tape.
Still, I am an incorrigable forager; my girlfriend hates it when we walk by a tempting display of Sperrmüll (known to Americans as a dumpster).

J said...

LOL! I can so picture the look on D's face when he sighs.

heather in europe said...

vailian: oh good, now i know who to call next time when i need a partner in crime and i'm near your neighborhood. :-)

j: it was good to see you last weekend!