- Tomorrow afternoon I go down to Basel by train for an all day meeting on Friday. I'll be taking the bus to the Koeln Hbf to avoid the train strike.
- In november I have booked a Thurs-Mon trip to Iceland.
Why iceland in november?
1. flight/accomodation prices fall drastically (compared to high season summer prices)
2. it's easier to find accomodation, and it's not booked months in advance
3. fewer tourists allow more interaction with the locals
4. there is the possiblity to see the northern lights in the winter weather
5. the cold, blustery weather makes for perfect conditions to escape inside for strong iceland coffee or to the hot water outside of the blue lagoon
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Iceland in Nov? Brrrrr. We definitely enjoy different climates.
Bummer that you have to go travel during the train strike. I hate traveling by bus. Good luck.
That sounds like a great trip! Must look into it for next year...
j: in your many travels maybe you can fit in iceland. it ranks in my top 5 travel countries along with spain.
jul: i cannot more highly recommend it.
Post a Comment