I leave this afternoon for Linz, until Monday. I chose a Friday afternoon flight so that I could wake up late, do some laundry, etc. rather than having the hectic packing and rushing out of the office on Thursday before a four day weekend.
Linz seems to be somewhat of a mystery, so I am looking forward to it. People in the office usually ask what I'm up to, but not one single soul in my circle has ever been to Linz which is interesting to me.
My German teacher and I were discussing (in German).
K: Ah, you go to Linz? (puzzled look)
H: It's a cheap flight on a holiday weekend and there is a campsite and hiking options and a lake.
K: Ah, ok. I've never been. I mean, Austria of course, but Linz....Although did you know that Hitler wanted to make Linz the cultural capital of Europe? (laughs)
H: Did you know that Linz is a European Capital of Culture in 2009?
K: Really? 60 years later it comes full circle. Who would have known he'd be right about something?
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK, I am not in your circle of friends but I have been to Linz. Not that I remember too much about it, it was at the very end of a LONG tour.
Very cool webcam!
Have a good weekend in Linz. I unfortunately have to work the whole weekend :(
valian: Good thing I didn't say 'none of my blog-friends have been to Linz' ;-)
haddock: hopefully work was quiet since it was a holiday weekend.
Post a Comment