Monday, May 29, 2006

61, 57, 64, 68, 55, 64, 57, 63, 61, 63

That was the high temps of the past 10 days. Want to know the lows?
52, 50, 54, 52, 45, 41, 48, 46, 57, 50. Yes, that's in F, not C.

It's a bit disappointing to consider that this is summer so far. In particular, Thursday was a Germany public holiday, but it rained cold all day long. Then, the past week was the Weindorf, when the little wineries from along the Mosel river to the South come to Cologne and set up little huts where they bring all of their wines and you can sample your choice of a variety from each one, for around 2 Euros/.1 Liter, so a small glass. The rain must have put a bit of a damper on their business this year, in particular for these small businesses.

However, next week Monday is another Germany holiday, so I'm off on a three day weekend on Sat to Berlin. Also, the apartment is strewn with travel books as I plan my 30 days of vacation. I am planning one heck of a trip in July--more details when it's solidified, but for those of you who want to ponder--the outbound is booked; I am traveling by plane around 3.5 hours to someplace that has a two hour time difference. Keep thinking and stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

As usual, I apologize for being out of touch. Nevertheless, I wanted to write in to let you know how much I enjoy your blogs about your experiences in Germany. Your home and the local area look fabulous!

I'll drop you an email soon. Any trips back to PA/NJ slated for any time in the near future?

Jen Schaffer Leone

heather in europe said...

For all those in Phillyland, I've already booked my next trip back using miles, here are the details:

Dec 21 Cologne to Philly
Dec 31 Newark to Cologne

If you're in the tri-state area and you'd like your doorstep to be graced by yours truly, drop me an email.