Saturday, January 05, 2013

Hello January!

Dear Internet,
Slocombe the cat here.  It's been a busy few months and the Main Human has the flu, so time to catch you all up on activities here.  I was away for my winter holidays while she went to the States in December.  Winter holidays really seemed to fly this year, although it's been warm, wet and grey in our corner of Essex, so not really a holiday feel.

In brighter news, the Human finished her dissertation!  Two years part-time of classes and then the dissertation was put into this effort.  I suspect Main Human will take a little time to relax but will then become terribly bored!  I enjoyed the school work, as it meant plenty of lap time for me.

Work?  Eh, same old, it pays for the cat food and litter.  She tells me that March will be ten years with benevolent company J.  That means she'll have been 10 years in Europe as well in March.  My, my, time really does fly.  February will already be four years in the UK! 

I've noticed the travel books have come out though.  She was mentioning Italy, Scotland and all sorts of interesting places!  That's nothing for me though, I'm more of a homebody cat.

Well, that's all for now.  I need to go bat at the shades so that I can go outside and have a sniff around the balkon.
Furry greetings from Essex,
Slocombe the Cat

No comments: