Sunday, July 29, 2012

Camping at the Norfolk seaside

It's been a few years since I've been camping properly for anything more than a weekend.  I had a lovely time last week, enjoying the summer weather at Overstrand, in Norfolk.

Here is my tent (and Mr. Polo in the background), all set up:
The tent is a few years old now, but still holding up well, especially when there is no rain or strong winds to worry about.  Here is a closer view of the North Sea, so a few steps behind the tent, to the edge of the cliff:

The beaches in Norfolk were quite lovely, well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Essex.  I spent the days walking, as one beach connected to the next and then the next one after, so you could easily walk for hours.  I stopped in at the supermarket in Cromer and picked up some snacks and fruit to carry along.  However, since it was just me, I did more meals out than normal, especially as most places had fish and chips cheap, or the locally caught crab on offer.  Also, at the campsite came out to £15/night and I already had the tent, etc. so it was a moderately cheap holiday.

And finally, here is the campsite that I stayed at:  http://www.overstrandcampsite.co.uk/the-campsite.html  There was a German family with their bicycles, car, etc. so I imagine they drove over, taking the ferry from Hook to Harwich.  Otherwise, it was Brits, and many from the North as their school holidays start earlier than ours.  Perhaps this week it's filled with Brits from the South as school hols have now started here, as of last week.

No comments: