To do for November: get a new passport (done)

As a UK resident, I was hoping to renew my US passport when I went home for the holidays or on one of my longer work trips to the US. However, the guidance says that one must renew a passport from one's residence, even if that is overseas. For me, that meant sending my documents to London, where they were then forwarded to the US.
I had been wondering about the new 'place of issue' in the passport. I was suspecting it would be Philly as a major passport processing hub and convenient for the shipment of documents from London. I guessed wrong, however:

How odd. I'll be curious to see if my pass now gets a second glance from US passport controls. My previous pass was issued in San Fran and prior to that, Philly.
Next up: Assembling the UK work permit paperwork for January.
2 comments:
Mine says that as well -- and nobody's ever given it a second glance!
Mine and my daughter's say that as well and no one cares- what they cared about was when it was stamped emergency temporary replacement, but a simple explanation usually sufficed.
Post a Comment