I've been missing in Blogland for a few days; I was burning the midnight oil studying for a work certification test which I was supposed to take next week, in the US.
British Air tonight cancelled all flights tomorrow, regardless of what comes of the continuing ash saga. On the one hand, I'm a little annoyed having spent all the time in preparation, including taking three days of vacation, on the other hand, the test is regular and will be offered again and I'd rather not fall out of the sky.
From what I've been reading on the internet a lot of people are a lot worse off, missing one-time events like weddings and funerals or having to travel thousands of miles by car to get somewhere or sleeping in airports. I'm still at home with a bubble bath and a glass of white wine on my agenda this evening and no alarm to go off at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
This air situation has been unfolding over here day by day, so I've been carrying on with the assumption that I would travel, although being 90% sure that I wouldn't. Slocombe was deposited at The House of Treats on Thursday as planned and I had all laundry done and everything fresh eaten from the refrigerator. In some ways, it's been a blessing as I've been taking advantage of the time since the cancel to get some things done which are a lot easier without a little furry person around, like shifting plants between the front and back terraces.
Still on the agenda for tomorrow...
-more work in the garden. I've been planting the tomatoes, peas and beans outside in their final homes for the season.
-possibly painting the kitchen and bathroom ceilings. this would be much easier without Slocombe in attendance and the weather here is quite nice during the days, up to 18, so the doors can be left open all day, sans cat.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment