Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tappity tap - January updates

Dear Internet readers,
Slocombe the cat here. The lazy human who owns this blog hasn't been writing here, so I've taken it into my own paws to catch you up on things...

December was an exciting month, I spent most of it with Uncle Dean at the 'House of Treats'. In January I returned to the 'House of Stress'. Someone had her fall semester law exam on Monday. Then, in big news, she passed her practical (on the road) driving test on Wednesday. I heard her mutter....one less piece of Germany as she put her German license away.

In addition, January is the month where she gives up alcohol (her and the Irish). Personally, I enjoy when we sit here with a glass of wine and surf the internet, so I think this alcohol abstinence is for the birds, but who am I to complain...alcohol is more expensive in the UK than in Germany, so maybe this means she can save spend her alcohol savings on more catfood for me!

Speaking of Germany, she'll be back there next month for a week. I shall again be a week away on vacation, this time to New Friend Ian's. Such a busy cat life I lead!

Regards from Essex,
Slocombe the cat

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Must be something in the cyber-blood... we have gone for No-Wine January in this house too. I think it was necessary. After 2 years in Egypt where we had a choice of local beer or the box wine that we smuggled in... we went a little mad. I can feel my liver rejuvenating as I type... only I don't think I am as funny as I am when I type with a glass of wine. Cheers! L

Kristen said...

Slocombe, thanks for the update. That woman you live with sure has slacked on the blogging! Hope she is busy having fun though :)

heather in europe said...

Lynda: Thanks for stopping by. Smuggled in box wine, oh my. :-)

Slocombe the cat said...

Kristen: (sigh) I think I need to do everything around here these days, hrrumph!

J said...

I haven't been a good blogger lately either for the same reason.

Apparently I need a cat to keep me in line.