
Sidenote: When I was home two years ago for the holidays I was still in the autopilot 'I live in Germany therefore I take my shopping bags with me' mode. Most of my relatives found it strangely quaint, and my grandmother backed me up with the sentiment, 'back in the depression we didn't have all of these plastic bags, we wrapped things in reused paper and twine or a reused burlap sack, but we were so poor we barely had anything to wrap or carry anyway!'
I'm not sure how much of this statement was exaggerated, but she enjoyed asking if we were taking along our bags each time anyone went out the door, with a wink to me. It's all good fun so they will enjoy to receive these as gifts.
1 comment:
My grandmother (she of blessed memory) always said: "Show me a woman who saves paper bags and string, and I will show you a woman who will never be poor!"
You are definitely headed for financial security.
Post a Comment