This week I fly to the US on Saturday for a work conference through Wednesday, then over to Philly for Thurs through Memorial day, and then back to the midwest for another week of work.
Before I go, I need to figure out a few vacation related things, mainly,
-to book passage back from the Faroe Islands for my July camping trip there. The outgoing ferry is taken care of already.
-to look forward with giddy anticipation the shipment of a new tent to Philly. My current tent is basic and general and nice for Austria in the spring, but I'm not sure how it held up in Iceland some days last year, and the Faroes is anticipated to be worse with more rain and wind. The new one is geared more for the extreme and can be used in snow and is wind tested to withstand 106 mph and is much cheaper to purchase in the US than here. Whee!
-I need to have a rough draft of the Sept Lithuania trip in hand for when I see Aunt R in Philly over the weekend, so she has an idea of what to pack for what we're doing, as the next time I see her after that will be in Sept when she arrives here.
-I need to do a few loads of laundry and all that other crap that must be done before a US trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My goodness, you must be racking up tons of FF miles.
Faroe Islands? You don't get enough of the wind and rain here? Not a place I'd pick to spend a summer holiday, but I'd love to see photos of it when you return.
j: I fly coach, so it isn't so nice. ;-)
I love the extreme weather of the North. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.
Post a Comment