while back in the US i was noticing all of the 'low carb' products on the shelves, even candy and beer. i have a few friends who have sworn that the atkins low carb diet is the best in the world, but beyond getting a high level understanding of it, and noticing people eating burgers without the bun, i really didn't give it a second look as a vegetarian.
however, on a whim, i recently picked up a new book from www.bookswapper.de, The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet by Rose Elliot. I was able to choose it because I traded Wally Lamb's She's Come Undone (an Oprah book club one) into the system.
I am further intrigued because this book offers a vegan option additionally in all of its recipes. The recipes seem relatively easy to prepare and simple in ingredient requirements, which is a definite plus for me 'she who cannot cook well'. I'm not sure that I could adhere to such a diet that involves eggs (or substitute a vegan tofu eggless concoction) for breakfast each day (especially as coffee-black and strong is all I need until lunch), nor do I have adherance to a 'diet' per se beyond not eating meat or fish, but any book that offers 'Smoked Tofu kebabs with Peanut Sauce' surely gets my attention.
Stay tuned, this could get interesting.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment