Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday night and reflections on the weekend

Monday night is Polish class and doing homework for Wednesday morning German class. Often I do homework over the weekend as well as the requisite Saturday shopping, but this weekend I instead met some very interesting people at the 'Second Whiney Expat Bloggers in Germany Meet-up' for all of Saturday.

To explain for those of you in the US, it was a chance for non-German bloggers to meet up in person while visiting a city in Germany.

I was expecting a lot of whining as well as good humor based on the writings of those in attendance (as well as the title of the event), but somehow the whining seemed to be underrepresented. However the wicked sharp wit and overall niceness was definitely there as I was impressed by all in attendence. Eventually I'll pretty up the blog and add their links as my endorsement cannot even begin to describe or do justice to their many eloquent, relevant and sometimes absurd, yet truthful writings about life as an expat in Germany.

5 comments:

christina said...

It was really nice meeting you and D, Heather. I'm glad you guys decided to come along.

Christina (Beta always wants to sign me in by my Google groups name)

Andrea M said...

It was wonderful to meet you and D. Nice to know I'm not the only desperate American trying to get out of here :)

Haddock said...

It was great meeting you guys at the meetup. Tell D if he gets to watch the WERDER v CHELSEA game on TV on Wednesday he could get to see the Juniorette as she is one of the Line Up Kids :)

J said...

I'm really glad you and D came, Heather. It was a great time.

lol Andrea. At least there's a light at the end of your tunnel that's not a train.

heather in europe said...

christina (cm) - glad to see you there and to get to chat with you.

andrea - glad to see you and to be connected with you (even if you go home soon!)

haddock - i passed aong the info, he will be watching the game so he will definitely watch out for the Juniorette.

J - 'nuf said. :-)