Too many hours of research later and almost everything is sorted. The tent is packed and the itinerary is somewhat set. On July 1 I will be on a plane to Iceland, to relax and wander the coastline for 13 days. Yes, Iceland. Specifically, I will be camping at small towns and out of the way places near lava fields, geysers, and at one point on a small island that is accessable via ferry. (There is also a small airfield and a five minute flight, but potentially a person needs to run out and clear the field of sheep before the turbo prop lands, so instead the ferry of 2.25 hours will be just fine.)
For an American who does not get much vacation usually, to have to plan a two week vacation, and then to still have to figure out what to do with another 20 vacation days, it's been a learning experience.
At the same time, with the local contract I decided to move closer to the office as I'm tired of the drive in. I found a very bright place with a balcony close enough to the office to ride Mr. Dutch Bike in whenever I want. The move started tonight and will be completed gradually over the next week.
Photos and such after I come back from Iceland and unpack fully. In the meantime, here is where I will spend my first few days:
http://www.iww.is/landshlutare.asp?lysing=swt&hluti=swt&menu=sw
Or check out the main tourism site: http://www.icelandtouristboard.com/
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd like to add some sympathy around your holiday planning conundrum -- 2 week vacation, plus 20 days left over? How do you deal with that? Is it hard?
jerell--be glad that you will never have to experience such a thing in your american life.
Post a Comment